Thursday, October 24, 2013

Monday's Red Ribbon Week (Smoking)

#10). Peer Pressure

#9). Social Rewards

#8). Risk-Taking Behavior

#7). Parental Influence

#6). Misinformation

#5). Genetic Predisposition

#4). Advertising

#3). Self-Medication

#2). Media Influences

#1). Stress Relief


I think that smoking cigarettes is bad. They cause lungs cancer, and can have other terrible effects. Thousands have even died over it. Personally I think people do have the right to choose what they want to do with their lives even if it  means to just throw it away like that. But it would become different if it was someone I actually cared for. I still would say they have the right to choose But I wouldn't stop trying to convince them to stop if they were on the edge of losing their lives. Luckily there aren't many, if not any.

While I think people can choose I don't like the idea of someone losing their "loved" ones. I think cigarettes shouldn't be used, but people will find a way to get them or replace them with a worse drug like heroin. While cigarettes can kill you, drugs like heroin can completely destroy yours and others lives and then kill you. Still though I am not for cigarettes and I don't think people should smoke them, but they have the right to if they want, it is their life that they are deciding to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment